Explore the world of architecture + design with your 9-12yo child at these fun family workshops! Children will be introduced to the science and art of design while being challenged to design and construct (with your help) their own solutions to each workshop's unique challenge. A great introduction to the career opportunities available in the fields of architecture, design, and construction.
Instructor: David Bender - Associate Director, Center for Architecture and Design
- March 25 | Cardboard City | FREE
- Design your own individual neighborhood of buildings, parks, and infrastructure in cardboard, then work together as one team to build an entire, functional city! Learn to think like a real urban planner.
- This workshop is offered ONLY on March 25. Ticket includes entry for one child and one accompanying adult.
- April 15 | Be A K'NEX Architect | FREE
- Become an architect for the day! Learn to draw blueprints, design an amazing syscraper, build a model, and work together to assemble your towers into an exciting cityscape - all using Pennsylvania-designed and fabricated K'NEX building toys.
- This workshop is offered ONLY on April 15. Ticket includes entry for one child and one accompanying adult.
- May 27 | Animal House | FREE
- The challenge? Design and construct (with an adult's help) a mini home for an animal of your choosing – but you have to make sure the home you design will keep your animal happy based on it's natural behaviors.
- This workshop is offered ONLY on May 27. Ticket includes entry for one child and one accompanying adult.
Workshops start promptly at 1:30pm; please arrive early